This garlic and lemon oil roasted asparagus recipe is so simple and it's the perfect, delicious side dish that everyone will love! The days of having to run out to the grocery store to get a lemon for your recipe are over! With lemon essential oil, you still get the great lemon flavor PLUS all the therapeutic benefits of the oil!
*Tip* I ONLY recommend Young Living Essential Oils especially when it comes to cooking and ingesting. I do not suggest to go to the store and pick up a lemon oil to start cooking with, it may not be pure and can be harmful if ingested because of all the harmful toxins added.
If you are not a Young Living member, I will be more than happy to help you join! Learn how to order a Premium Starter Kit (that comes with Lemon Vitality) here!
*Disclaimer* If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking medicine, please consult a medical professional before ingesting any essential oils.
1 bunch of Asparagus
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic, minced
1-2 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
Rinse the asparagus well. Tip: Use Thieves Fruit & Veggie Wash to ensure your asparagus is clean!
3. Break off the bottom of the stems. Tip: to 'naturally' break of the stems Hold the asparagus horizontal by hand and pull down on the bottom end and it will naturally break off.
4. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with foil
5. Drizzle with olive oil, and then add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss asparagus until everything is coated in oil and seasoning. After asparagus is tossed, spread out to a single layer on the baking sheet.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
8. After 10 minutes, stir the asparagus with a spatula. Then, roast for another 10 minutes.
9. When the asparagus is tender and a little crispy on the tips, remove from the oven.
10. Add your lemon vitality essential oil and stir with a spatula.